10 May 2013

Making Memories

Last weekend some family friends came to visit from Manchester and we decided to have a BBQ on Monday evening.  We had loads to eat (corn on the cob is my favourite, yum!), released a couple of Chinese lanterns, then sat around a fire chatting away into the night.

I couldn't believe how well the fire photos turned out.  I was testing out my Canon's night time mode and assumed it wouldn't be very good.  I love how there seem to be figures in the flames.  I can see a dragon or a horse in the second photo :)

Now that I've submitted my project I finally have some free time.  It always feels quite surreal when I finish a project as I don't know what to do with myself!  I'm really looking forward to taking loads of photographs this Summer and dedicating more time to my artwork.  2013 has been pretty tough so far but I've got lots of fun things to look forward to in the coming months :)

6 comments:

  1. Those fire photos really are amazing and I see what you mean about the figures in the fire! Lovely post and congrats on submitting your project x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fire photos look really awesome! I can see the horse in the second photo. I love looking for animals or faces in things, I do it a lot with floor textures.

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching fire, there's something so captivating about it. The photos you took turned out so beautifully! I would frame that! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a lion in the second one and a person at the top of the flames, he looks like he's waving his arms while he falls forward.

    That was far too much fun :)

    Jen | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the fire photos!!! amazing! I also love the first one it makes me feel so summery! xx

    http://pointlessprettythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete